Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas preparations

One more post and I am all caught up. Finals being the week before Christmas has really hindered my ability to prepare for everything. However, in procrastinating studying, Tony and I took a trip over to Lowe's to pick out a tree. I really would have preferred to cut one done ourselves, but drastic times call for drastic measures. Just kidding. Maybe next year we'll find a tree farm near by. I like the tree, but Tony has some structural integrity issues with it. I love having Christmas lights! Here is the final product.


And we got a new coffee table!
The next step in Christmas preparation is making Christmas cookies. All I wanted to do during finals studying was bake some cookies, so now that they are over Tony and I attacked the kitchen. We made four different things. My favorite peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss, some famous family gingersnaps, 150 year old molasses cookies and some chocolate covered peanuts.

All ready!


Rolling out the molasses cookies
I has also been making some quilted stockings for the two of us, but my sewing machine does not like me at the moment and I am ill supplied in the way of needles for it so those pictures will have to wait. So today is Christmas Eve, the tree is up, the cookies are made (and are delicious), other decorations are up, the presents are already under the tree and we are late to hang out with some friends. So I bid you adieu and enjoy catching up on our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment