Tuesday, December 24, 2013

All done!!

It is no surprise that graduate school was going to be difficult at times, however, this last semester has been particularly trying. I took four classes, which in undergrad, would have been very little. But life is different. I don't want to spend all my time doing schoolwork. I want to come home and spend time with my husband. I want to partake in leading our small group. I want to be able to have time to think about making dinner and cleaning the apartment. Maybe not so much the last one, but I want to have time to think about things beyond my current project and it is hard to do that when there is so much homework. What I really want is to be able to leave most of what I have to do at work to come home and be with Tony and partake in the social events that we are a part of. Don't get me wrong, I love what I have been working on. In fact, this was probably the semester where I have enjoyed the material the most. However, I am so glad that it is over. I finished all my final projects, I studied for all my exams and finished them, I am done! And I will never take four classes again. I only have four required courses left, but I am not taking them all at once. And now I can more seriously focus on my research and a timeline for graduation. Don't worry, it'll still be a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment