Monday, April 21, 2014

Everything, but homework time

I'm not much of a procrastinator. I'm really not, yet every spring I find myself loosing all of my motivation to finish my homework. It's really only the homework though. I get this running list of other things that I could/should be doing, like spring cleaning stuff, getting my bike back out, potting some plants, opening the windows, finishing that book series I started during Christmas break. The point is, every spring I'm done with school (!!!!) and I envy Tony who has no homework. (Maybe a bad example due to his recent deadlines spilling into home territory, but still. It's the idea.)

Well its spring again and here I am. Stuck between needing to finish my homework and wanting to do other things. (Only 4 more weeks!!! So long! Ok. I'll stop being dramatic.)

Did I mention that it's Spring! We finally made it out of the cold and into the time period of ups and downs in the weather, but at least its all above freezing. This means I can ride my bike and stop depending on the bus schedule. Of course this was not as simple as just taking it down the stairs, but rather I needed new tires from the old one being squished on the floor for so long. But, Tony did it and it is wonderful. We also got a free-standing bike rack for storing them in the apartment. This would have probably been a good idea at the beginning on winter, but better late than never I guess.


It looks a bit unstable, but its working. And now the bikes are more efficiently stored and it surprisingly saves a decent amount of space. Not that they weren't efficiently stored previously, but I've got some redecorating ideas up my sleeve and wanted them to find a new resting place.

Speaking of more things to do. Decorating/continually furnishing. That was actually a legitimate transition involving "Speaking of which", a phrase I use all the time, but rarely fits. Anyway, Tony and I have been living in this apartment for ~2 years and just signed on for another year. In general, it's a nice apartment, but there are some shortcomings, as there are going to be with every apartment. But that's not my point. My point is that I am terrible at decorating. I see everyone else posting cute little decor on Facebook or walk into someone else's apartment and think they managed to make their living quarters cute, but I just cannot figure it out.

One problem is that it costs money as everything does. Another problem is that it requires going shopping and finding deals. Also, it requires time and creativity. I've got some creativity stored away, but the time is smaller and its hard to do some bigger projects without the space required to do them. So one of these days I will go out and spend the time and the money to start (and finish) those projects that I've been sitting on and make something cute. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. I guess we'll see. Unless someone else wants to come and do all this for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment