Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day

This last Friday was a holiday known as Valentine's Day (aka: Single Awareness Day). I don't really care much for this holiday. I'm not really the sappy type and I think of it more as a Hallmark Holiday, which it is. However, sometimes it is nice to have a designated holiday for receiving chocolate, as it is one of my favorite things.

Well this year, I was planning on making Tony dinner on Friday night and we were going to hunker down and watch a movie. We had gone out to eat on a date previously this month and restaurants on Valentine's Day are bound to be crowded, so nothing big was planned, but something was planned. Little did I know that Rockwell had other plans.

Date night!! First one in a long time.

This last week has been quite a struggle for Tony at work. Recently, he was put on a project with two other individuals to begin rewriting some of the code. This is very exciting since he has finally begun writing code, however, he doesn't really know the code and the specifications that go with it. On top of that, he was given something that needs to be done yesterday. Well, come Friday and that something is not done, so bye, bye my Valentine's Day dinner.

Good thing Saturday follows Friday. He still worked most of Saturday, but took the night off to make dinner with me and watch The Amazing Spiderman. We had a delicious meal of chicken parmigiana and asparagus. To follow it up, we had a wonderful chocolate cheesecake that I made earlier in the day. And the best part is, there is plenty of leftovers on that dessert! So it may not have been my Valentine's Day as planned, but I know that he still loves me. He doesn't really need a holiday to let me know that and I still got some flowers and chocolate out of the day.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you got your V-Day date! We went to Chick Fil-A for lunch. It was quite eventful. I'm still planning on a double date with you two to go see Frozen! It should be coming to the cheap theater soon! :)

    ReplyDelete